Let’s get personal, shall we? I breastfed both of my kids. After the birth of my son, I had lots of help from nurses at the hospital. Once we were home though, he wasn’t very fond of latching on correctly. After a few days the pain set in. I had no idea that breastfeeding could be painful. I was told to use hot compresses, ice packs, tickle his chin or open his mouth while he was trying to latch on, and then finally, the pediatrician told me that I should pump and give it to him from a bottle. This was 13 years ago. I was a bit clueless when it came to breast pumps. I bought one from the store, not really paying attention to the features, then I bought another because it wasn’t comfortable at all. I think I was finally happy with the third one I bought. Breast pumps are a very personal item and the one you choose has to be good.
I am so happy that new moms these days have breast pumps like this one at their disposal!
The newly launched Philips AVENT Comfort Breast Pump was designed with moms’ comfort in mind. Once of the biggest breast pumping complaints I’ve seen time and time again is that you have to sit slumped over so.. you know.. gravity works better. With this breast pump you can sit in your favorite chair with no need to lean forward while pumping.
The Philips AVENT Comfort Breast Pump has many great benefits that new moms will appreciate including a gentle and soft stimulation mode and comfortable massage cushions that easily help to get the milk to flow. The massage cushions have a warm feel to them too which helps with breast pumping.
There are three pumping settings and the funnels are shorter which ends leaning forward while pumping. The Philips AVENT Comfort Breast Pump focuses fully on providing comfort and making it easy for the mother breastfeed. Research has found that 23% of women found that breastfeeding is painful and stop within three months. Using the Comfort Breast Pump allows mothers to pump milk longer. The Comfort Breast Pump will dispense directly into Natural Bottle to allow for immediate bottle feeding. The Natural Bottle that comes with the pump features a wide, breast-shaped nipple created to help babies latch on naturally.
The BPA free Philips AVENT Comfort Breast Pump has a patented soft 5-petal massage cushion and it has a memory feature that remembers the mother’s personal rhythm. It has a unique storage system and makes like easier with usage of Philips many baby bottles and breast milk storage containers to use in both the fridge and freezer.
It is important to offer your baby a comfortable bottle to drink from when he’s not breastfeeding. The Philips AVENT Natural Bottle has a wide, breast-shaped nipple designed to help your baby latch on naturally. The special comfort ‘petals’ inside the nipple increase softness and flexibility without collapsing. This bottle has an advanced anti-colic system with innovative twin valve allows air into the bottle – not baby’s tummy and it works with the Philips AVENT Comfort Breast Pump, making it easy for babies to combine breast and bottle feeding.
- Pumping your milk regularly will help you to maintain the levels of milk that most physician’s recommended.
- Pumping your milk will boost supply and relieve pain due to enlarged breast pressure.
- Pumping allows your baby to drink breast milk when you’re not around to feed (date night perhaps?) and will help maintain your milk supply.
- Pumping your breast milk is also perfect if you plan to go back to work but want your baby to continue having the benefits of your breast milk.
- The Philips AVENT Natural bottle and nipple for natural latch on makes it easy for babies to combine breast and bottle feeding.
- The twin electronic breast pump alleviates stress of pumping breast milk and it is a relaxing process each time you have to pump milk.
Using the Philips AVENT Comfort Breast Pump will assure your baby will get your breast milk at every feeding time. Your husband, mom, nanny, or an older sibling can help with feedings which will allow you to get a little uninterrupted sleep or get a little “me” time. Imagine that!
This is not intended to be medical advice.
- natural bottles
- spout cups
- natural drinking cups
To enter to win, leave a comment relevant to this post below.
Earn extra entries:
- Follow @mommyinsider on Twitter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Sign up for The Mommy Insider rss feed
- Share this giveaway with your Twitter friends
“Enter to #win a gift basket full of Philips AVENT goodies from Mommy Insider @mommyinsider #giveaway http://wp.me/plszx-3OO”.
You can post this tweet up to every 8 hours until 11:59pm EST May 20th for an extra entry for each tweet.
- Leave a comment for each extra entry, telling us what you did. We can’t count your extra entries if you don’t do this.
Contest rules and terms
- Entries accepted through 11:59pm EST May 20th, 2013.
- Open to U.S. residents only. No P.O. Boxes.
- Your email address may be added to our weekly email newsletter list. We will not send you spam and you can unsubscribe anytime.
- The prize will be mailed to the winner by Philips AVENT/PR company not TheMommyInsider.com.
I was sent the below mentioned product in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are 100% my own and are not influenced in any way.