We love to go to playgrounds and parks. I am always looking for new places in Atlanta to take the kids that (A) don’t cost money and (B) have something for everyone in the family to do and enjoy. I want the kids to grow up knowing that you don’t always have to spend money in order to have a good time. Yes, the occasional $50 movie outing is nice and fun, but that’s not what I consider ‘family fun’.
Family fun is rolling on the floor laughing, playing board games and making up your own rules, cooking together, drawing pictures on the sidewalk,
pulling weeds, and playing in the rain. That’s fun stuff.. and it’s all free. What child doesn’t enjoy finding shapes in the clouds or watching mom and dad play hopscotch? Did I say.. free? I think so! Yep, these things are all free to do and I believe it’s things like this that are burned into our children’s memory for years.
Other ways to have Family Fun without spending a ton of money:
- Join a local museum, aquarium, or nature center and have family field trips to them often
- Visit the neighborhood pool in the summer and horseplay before the lifeguards get there.. (you didn’t hear that from me!)
- Get out your walkie talkies and have parent/child teams and go on a neighborhood scavenger hunt together
- What ideas do you have?
Do you need out of every day life?
One lucky winner will receive a $500 Visa gift every day – to put towards anything they want – you could put this towards your grocery bill every week for a month! This giveaway is not hosted by TheMommyInsider.com.
Visit Tony’s Pizza 99 Days of More website to enter for a chance to win every day!
We are giving a lucky reader a full value coupon for any Tony’s Pizza product! Tell us in the comments below what are some of your own cost-effective family fun tips? The most creative response will receive a full value coupon for any Tony’s Pizza product!
Entries accepted through April 10th, 2011. Open to U.S. residents 18+ only. No P.O. boxes.
- Follow @mommyinsider on Twitter
- Connect with us on Facebook
- Tweet this: “I entered to win a Tony’s Pizza full value coupon on TheMommyInsider.com! You can entere here: http://wp.me/plszx-27S”
- Be sure to tell us what you’ve done in the comments below
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post through a compensated Mom Bloggers Club member program.