So you’re getting the kids ready for trick-or-treating on Halloween.
You probably have..
- a costume
- candy bucket
- candy to hand out
- and I’m sure you’ve practiced trick-or-treating manners with your kids, right? 🙂
Have you thought about fun things like glow in the dark shoes to add even more excitement to trick-or-treating?
Here are four pair of cute glow-in-the-dark shoes for boys and girls that will be a great addition to any Halloween costume!
1 – Crocs Disney/Pixar Monsters Inc. Glow-in-the-Dark Clogs at Khols.com – $32
2 – Night Glow Zombie Slip-On at Vans.com – $40
3 – Glow Bones Slip-Ons – at Vans.com – $40
4 – Glow in the Dark Pumpkin Ballet Flat Girls – $19.99
Have you found a pair of cute glow in the dark shoes for kids? Share them with us in the comments below.
When your kids are heading out to trick or treat it is important that you keep them safe. Kids get excited when it comes to trick or treating, so you need to make sure that they know how to stay safe. It is also important for adults to take safety precautions when there are kids trick or treating on the roads.
Tips for parents
- Make sure that your child’s costume isn’t too long. They could trip and fall.
- Make sure that children have full visibility when they are wearing any kind of mask.
- Check your children’s candy before they eat it. Some places offer candy x-rays for safety.
- Know where your kids are going, if you aren’t going with them. If they have a cell phone make sure they have it on them so you can check in, or so they can get a hold of you in case of emergency.
- Set a curfew for your children so that you know when to expect them home and are not stuck wondering about their safety.
- Go over all the tips and rules for a safe Halloween with your children before they head out of the house.
Tips for kids
- Don’t talk to strangers while you are walking alone.
- Better yet, use the buddy system and don’t walk anywhere alone.
- Only go to houses that have their porch light on.
- Don’t run.
- Look both ways before crossing the road.
- Always say thank you after receiving your treats.
- Do not vandalize anyone’s property. This is illegal. This included toilet papering, egging or just damaging decorations.
Tips for drivers
- Drive slow.
- Make sure your headlights are on.
- Watch carefully for children running or walking into the road.
Have a fun and safe Halloween!
If you are still looking for a Halloween costume for your kids, check out Chasing-Firelies.com
! They have the most adorable, well-made Halloween costumes. My daughter plays dress up in her costume almost every day.