Two days after landing back home in Atlanta from a GL-Class test drive in Santa Fe, NM, I’m still drooling over and fantasizing about the 2013 GL-Class SUV from Mercedez-Benz. Given the anything but smooth and straight terrain we drove the GL 550 and GL 35o on in Santa Fe, NM, I was able to get a feel for how the vehicle operates under not just highway conditions but off-road as well.
Two features I focus on when test driving a vehicle for the first time, are safety and comfort. This review introduces readers to the safety and comfort features that I think are most important for parents to consider when buying a new SUV for their family.
What are the features of the vehicle that will keep my family safe and comfortable?
During my three-day trip to Santa Fe, NM to test drive Mercedes’ upcoming 2013 GL-Class SUV, I learned about the plethora of safety and comfort features of the GL-Class which are sure to make you *need* to take the GL-Class for a spin when it becomes available in September.
Parents will be thrilled with the numerous safety features available on the 2013 GL-Class SUV.
The spacious seven-passenger SUV comes with a standard rearview camera, 13-way airbag protection, 4MATIC all-wheel drive that provides all-weather control, and a whole host of other crucial features to protect their children.
Here are few 2013 GL-Class safety feature any parent driver will appreciate:
- There is the PRE-SAFE® system that adjusts settings to headrests, seat belts, windows, sunroofs and other items in preparation of an impending crash.
- Attention Assist driver-drowsiness monitor sounds an alert when it detects signs of fatigue in the driver.
- The optional Active Park Assist with Surround View Camera uses four cameras mounted to different points on the GL to create an overhead image of the SUV and its surroundings on the COMAND screen.
- Also included is the new radar-based Collision Prevention Assist technology that can alert the driver and get the brakes ready for maximum stopping power if it detects an impending collision.
- Finally, the GL can include the Trailer Stability Assist that automatically adjusts for the sway of items being towed. With a towing capacity of a whopping 7,500 pounds, this is a critical feature.
2013 GL-Class Comfort
We can’t leave out the new EASY-ENTRY system
Read more 2013 GL-Class reviews from other bloggers: