The winning Rice Krispies Treats recipe!
I just found out that my Very Berry Rice Krispies Treats recipe won the Fourth of July Rice Krispies™ Recipe Box Challenge!!
9 other awesome bloggers submitted their own Rice Krispies Treats recipes and I am honored to have won the challenge. All of the recipes looked delicious and we all put a lot of work into this challenge.
You can see the 9 other Rice Krispies Treats recipes submitted by the 9 other participating bloggers on TheMotherhood.com here.
My Very Berry Rice Krispies Treats recipe will be featured on the RiceKrispies.com website in a couple of weeks!!
Thanks to everyone who voted for my recipe. You can see the two other Rice Krispies Treats recipes I came up with but didn’t submit for the challenge, here as well as the rules of the challenge.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Very Berry Rice Krispies Treats recipe and instructions:
- Make Rice Krispies Treats as usual
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large pan on medium heat
- Mix marshmallows in and stir constantly until completely melted
- Remove from heat
- Stir in 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Separate Rice Krispies Treats mix into two 13×9 inch pans to make two thin layers
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour – not necessary, but keeps the sorbet from melting quickly
- Cut Rice Krispies Treats with star shaped cookie cutter and put stars on wax paper
- Coat 1/2 of the Rice Krispies Treats stars with raspberry sorbet (substitute with your favorite flavor, ice cream, or frozen yogurt)
- Place a star on top of the sorbet covered Rice Krispies Treats stars
- Top with Cool Whip, strawberries, and blueberries
- Garnish the plate with fresh fruit and serve