I upgraded my MacBook White operating system to Snow Leopard a few months ago and despite the changes being aesthetically minimal, there are some significant system changes. I recently got a new MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard and couldn’t be more thrilled with it!
One of my favorite features on the new Snow Leopard OS is that my MacBook Pro wakes up, shuts down, and restarts quicker. I close my laptop when I know I’m going to be away from it for a while so nothing happens to it while I’m away from it. I often work at the kitchen table because I can see into the downstairs den where the kids play. When I open my MacBook Pro whether it just has to wake up or start up, it starts instantly.
My New Mac, Snow Leopard Edition walks readers through 52 useful projects that will have them doing useful things with their Mac right away. The book is an easy read and I’ve found it very useful when I need to learn more about a feature or how to do something I’m not already familiar with.
A few topics covered in My New Mac, Snow Leopard Edition include:
My New Mac‘s projects cover topics like organizing music with iTunes, tracking birthdays with iCal, and clipping and saving information from the Internet. Readers learn how to:
- Organize files and folders by color and keyword
- Connect to the Internet, chat with friends, and listen to online radio stations
- Install and update software—and remove unwanted programs
- Set up and manage parental controls to limit kids’ computer and Internet access
- Share songs, images, and documents with other computers wirelessly
- Use the built-in firewall and keep their computer and information safe from intruders