I know you love doing laundry. In fact I saw the results of a survey recently in which it was determined that Moms prefer doing laundry over vacuming. While I can’t find the survey now and I wouldn’t go so far as to agree with that, I do get a great deal of satisfaction out of taking clean, delicious smelling clothes out of the dryer.
Even if you don’t enjoy doing laundry, I highly recommend that you stay on top of laundry before and during Thanksgiving week.
One way I motivate myself to stay on top of laundry is by using a liquid laundry detergent that smells really good.
Scenario #1: Holiday Napkin Disaster
The kids don’t understand that holiday napkins are for use on special occassions like Thanksgiving & Christmas only. The kids use your holiday napkins to clean the bathroom or wipe the juice spill off the dining room floor, resulting in sticky, dirty napkins.
Be ready to restock the holiday napkins with a spare set (yes, buy two sets of holiday napkins, at least) and while you’re using those, was the others with a detergent that is sure to make your house guests think that you just baked a delicious pie, Gain’s Apple Mango Tango liquid laundry detergent.
Scenario #2: Blanket Disaster At Aunt Betty’s
You visit Aunt Betty’s house for Thanksgiving dinner. The kids drag their favorite snuggle blankies all over Aunt Betty’s floor knowing that Aunt Betty has 19 dogs and 3 cats. Eeewww! Naturally, you find lint balls, dog hair, cat hair and who knows what else stuck to the kids blankets. But shoot! You didn’t bring laundry detergent to Aunt Betty’s house.
You never know what kind of laundry detergent a friend or family member uses, so I am a firm believer in BYOLD (bring your own laundry detergent)!
Just as importantly, you don’t want the kids to be snuggling with dirty blankies during the long drive home from Aunt Betty’s house, do you? All the more reason to take detergent with you and wash their blankets before driving home.
Aunt Betty would probably even appreciate it if you threw in a few napkins and hand towels with the kids blankies! 🙂
Read more Thanksgiving Gain tips here on AtlantaMoms.com!
Win 10 Gain coupons valued at $10!
5 winners will be chosen.
Tell us what your favorite Gain liquid laundry detergent scent is in the comments below.
BONUS ENTRIES FOR EXTRA CHANCES TO WIN
8 Extra Entries:
Share a holiday chores tip with us in the comments below.
- Subscribe by email or RSS Reader
- Blog about this giveaway as a separate post and link to TheMommyInsider.com. Leave the link to your post in a comment below.
- Add a relevant comment to any (comment on up to 5 other posts) non-giveaway posts on TheMommyInsider.com.
2 Extra Entries per action:
- Give me (@mommyinsider) K+ on Klout in Atlanta, Blogging, Social Media, or Moms and tweet about it. You can give me K+ for each topic 1x per day (up to 4 entries per day total). Leave your Klout name in the comments so I can give you extra entries.
- Add me to one of your Google+ circles. Leave your Google+ name in the comments.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
1 Extra Entry per action:
- Leave a comment on The Mommy Insider Facebook wall
- Follow me (@mommyinsider) on Twitter
- Tweet about this contest (up to 4x per day – Subscribers can tweet every 2 hours or 12x per day).
Tweet this: “I’m entered to win a Gain coupon booklet from @MommyInsider.com! You can enter to win too here: http://wp.me/plszx-3sU”.
Giveaway ends 11/30/2012 at 11:59 PM EST. The winner will be chosen at random by random.org. Entrants must be 18 or older and located in the US only. All entries must be properly recorded in the comments to count. Winner will be notified via email and must respond within 24 hours. If winner does not respond, a new winner will be chosen and notified.
More Information About Gain
Other fabulous bloggers are sharing their Thanksgiving tips too!
(You can enter for more Gain giveaways on their blogs, too.)
Participating Bloggers Include:
- Ann of Mundane Magic
- Alicia of The Mommy Insider
- Alicia of Atlanta Moms
- Desiree of Stress Free Baby
- Jai of Black Love Forum
- Karen of In the Kitchen with KP
- Karen of The Giveaway Gals
- Kia of Cinco Mom
- Renee of Cutie Booty Cakes
- Stacie of The Divine Miss Mommy
Disclosure: I am participating in a paid Gain blogger campaign. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.