Earlier this month Rice Krispies and The Motherhood contacted me about participating in another Rice Krispie Treat Recipe Box Challenge with the goal of creating a Rice Krispies Treats™ Holiday Table Show-Stopper. (See my winning recipe from the July 4th Rice Krispies Treats Recipe Box Challenge here.) I am very impressed with the other entries that I’ve seen which you can view here. You will find a complete list of all 30 participating bloggers at the bottom of this post. Judges will choose and announce the winner of this Rice Krispies Treats Recipe Box Challenge December 21st, so check back here to find out who won!
Below is a photograph of all of the ingredients and supplies I bought for my Rice Krispies Treats recipe, not knowing what I was going to make at the time. The funny thing is.. my final Rice Krispies Treats™ Holiday Table Show-Stopper recipe doesn’t include ANY of the ingredients in the photograph below, except Rice Krispies and marshmallows… oh, and icing.
So, here it is..
my Rice Krispies Treats™ Holiday Table Show-Stopper
* Mismatched Rice Krispies Treats Gingerbread Men *
Not only are these little Mismatched Rice Krispies Treats Gingerbread Men adorable (I think), but they are also a super fun activity for kids! Give your kids a bottom and top half and some colored icing and let them have at it! Like to party? Invite a few friends over and have a Mismatched Rice Krispies Treats Gingerbread Men decorating (and eating) party! One complete Gingerbread Man equals one regular Rice Krispies Treats serving.
Recipe Ingredients and supplies:
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- About 40 large marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ginger – optional
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon – optional
- Icing – various colors
- Gingerbread Men cookie cutters
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large pan over medium-low heat
- Add 4 cups miniature marshmallows to melted butter and stir until completely smooth – on medium-low heat
- Optional – stir ginger and cinnamon in for ‘gingerbread’ flavor
- Remove from heat
- Stir in 6 cups of Rice Krispies
- Transfer Rice Krispies Treats mix onto clean counter top or a shallow pan and flatten to about 1 inch thick
- Use gingerbread man cookie cutter (use cooking spray to ensure easy removal from cookie cutter) to cut gingerbread shapes and transfer individual gingerbread men to wax paper
- Cut gingerbread men in half
- Decorate the halves as you like and enjoy the yumminess!
$100 VISA GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY courtesy of Rice Krispies
What do you think of my Mismatched Rice Krispies Treats Gingerbread Men? Share a comment below and follow the rules below to enter to win a $100 Visa Gift Card courtesy of Rice Krispies!
1. Leave a comment telling me what you think of my Mismatched Rice Krispies Treats Gingerbread Men and/or what your favorite Rice Krispies Treats recipe is.
2. Contest runs from December 15th through December 22nd at 11:59am.
3. You may only enter the contest once.
4. Winner will be selected randomly December 22d and will be notified via email.
5. Winner has 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen.
The Motherhood Holiday Rice Krispies Treats Exchange Blogger Giveaway Rules:
Abbreviated Rules. No Purchase Necessary. Begins no earlier than 12:00:00 AM (ET) on 11/29/10 and ends no later than 11:59:59 PM (ET) on 12/21/10. For complete Official Rules, go to http://web.mediacdt.com/docs/motherhoodholiday
Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Subject to complete Official Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: TheMotherhood; www.TheMotherhood.com
Disclosure: I am working with Rice Krispies and TheMotherhood.com on this project and have received a stipend and supplies to participate.
Here is a full list of the bloggers who are participating in this Rice Krispies Treats Recipe Box Challenge:
- Alicia Hagan, The Mommy Insider: http://www.themommyinsider.com
- Amanda Acuna, Mommy Mandy: http://www.mommymandy.com
- Amanda White, Oh Amanda: http://ohamanda.com/
- Amy McGuire, The Finer Things in Life: http://amysfinerthings.com/
- Beth Davis, The Plus Size Mommy: http://www.theplussizemommy.com
- Briana Carter, Bargain Briana: http://bargainbriana.com
- Dariela Cruz, Mami Talks (guest posting on Modern Mami):http://www.mamitalks.com/ and http://modernmami.com
- Jen Murray, Quatro Mama: http://4tunate.net
- Jenna Gaskill, A Mom’s Balancing Act: http://www.momsbalancingact.com
- Jennifer Matuska, Mommy Instincts: http://www.mommyinstincts.com
- Jenny Rapson, Mommin’ It Up: http://momminitup.com/
- Jodi Grundig, Mom’s Favorite Stuff:http://www.momsfavoritestuff.com
- Karen Coutu, 3 Garnets & 2 Sapphires: http://www.3garnets2sapphires.com
- Kate Marsh Lord, The Shopping Mama: http://theshoppingmama.com
- Kathy Sykes, A Wife, A Mother, A First Lady: http://wifemotherfirstlady.com/
- Kelly Whalen, Centsible Life: http://www.thecentsiblelife.com/
- Kelsey Banfield, Naptime Chef: http://www.thenaptimechef.com/
- Kimberly Ortiz, Pretty Pink Momma: http://prettypinkmomma.blogspot.com
- Kim Janocko, Crafty Mom of 4: http://www.craftymamaof4.com/
- Maricris Guadagna, Zen Mama Ventures: http://zenforyou.dalefg.net
- Melissa Angert, Girlymama: http://www.girlymama.typepad.com/
- Mel Tuttle, Mel’s Box of Chocolates: http://www.melsboxofchocolates.com
- Monica Brady, Mommy Brain Reports: http://www.mommybrainreports.com
- · Renae Chiovaro, Inexpensively: http://inexpensively.com/
- · Robyn Wright, Robyn’s Online World: http://www.robynsonlineworld.com/
- · Sara Breuninger, Deal’icious Mom: http://dealiciousmom.com
- · Shannon Snow, Coupon Princess: http://www.couponprincess.net/
- · Shannon Steen-Larsen, The Mommy Files: http://www.themommy-files.com/
- · Tricia Callahan, Once a Month Mom: http://onceamonthmom.com/
- · Vanessa Druckman, ChefDruck Musings: http://chefdruck.blogspot.com/
Each of these wonderful bloggers is hosting a giveaway, so be sure to visit each of these terrific blogs and post a comment on their creations for a chance to win a $100 pre-loaded debit card!