If anyone needs help with household cleaning, it’s a busy parent! I know because we have two kids, a puppy and a guinea pig and there are lots of families with more than two kids and more than two pets which I can’t imagine! You can imagine the mess any member of my family or pet can make in just 30 seconds! Do I need a strong suction vacuum? You bet I do. Even better, a vacuum robot to clean is what I need. There’s actually a robot that is a strong suction vacuum! That is about the most exciting thing EVER for a busy parent like me.
I started using the iRobot Roomba 880 vacuum cleaning robot about a month ago when I was sent a unit to review and life hasn’t been the same since. I’m not exaggerating. For those of you who read my blog on a regular basis, you know I only review and feature products and services that I actually use and would recommend. I don’t waste my time writing about and taking photographs and videos of products just to make a few dollars. That’s now how I work. That said, I’m writing this post to tell you about the Roomba 880 today, because I LOVE it and I think every family should have one.
There are a lot of ways the iRobot Roomba 880 has made my life easier but the #1 reason is time. I haven’t taken either of our upright vacuums out of the closet, except to use the stair tool, since having the Roomba 880 vacuum cleaning robot. It’s that good. And like you saw above, we have a puppy. Every day I’m amazed at how much pet hair and food crumbs ‘Scooper’ sucks into its dust bin.
iRobot AeroForce 880 Cleaning System
The amazing iRobot Roomba 880 boasts of an Aeroforce Performance Cleaning System that delivers a great balance of spectacular vacuum suction and extraction of debris. It’s the best robotic vacuum for homes with pets and anyone who suffers from allergies. Why? Simply because it traps all that nasty dirt and allergens into a bin that has a HEPA-filter and is sealed.
Here’s how the Aeroforce Cleaning System works:
- It uses Aeroforce Extractors that are tangle-free. These dual extractors really grab dirt, crumbs, pet hair and debris from floors of hardwood and carpet as it breaks down the dirt and debris. This is done without any tangles of the pet hair.
- It has an Airflow Accelerator that concentrates the airflow by creating a sealed channel to draw in more debris.
- It’s a high efficiency vacuum because it has an improvement of five times more air power than previous generators of Roomba.
A family with two children and two pets surely creates lots of dirt every day. The dirt just got easier to clean it up with our new iRobot Roomba 880. Here are some reasons why:
- It vacuums from room to room – The Virtual Wall Lighthouse keeps the Roomba in one room until the entire room has been vacuumed and then it sends the Roomba to vacuum another room. Off-limit areas can also be blocked by the Virtual Wall Barriers.
- It has a Home Base – The Roomba goes back to its Home Base in order to dock and recharge. This automatic docking is done when the battery power gets low or the dust bin is full.
- It cleans on schedule – The iRobot Roomba 880 can be programmed to clean up to seven times a week. For instance, you can set it to clean at 8:45 a.m. after the children have left for school every day.
iRobot XLife Battery
Twice as many cleaning cycles can be powered by the new iRobot xLife Battery than the previous Roomba models’ batteries. Therefore, the time is now doubled before replacement of the battery is necessary.
Compatible With Select Accessories Of Previous Roomba Models
Previous Roomba models’ remote controls, Virtual Wall Barriers and the Virtual Lighthouses are compatible with the iRobot Roomba 880.
Technology of iAdapt
The iRobot Roomba 880 iAdapt’s advanced, software and sensor system beats the competition’s cleaning hands down due to its responsive navigation technology.
This iAdapt technology does all of the following:
- Sensors – Both acoustic and optical sensors provide concentrated cleaning by seeking out dirt and debris.
- Vacuums like a person – Its continuous back and forth cleaning senses excessive dirt and applies more power to those areas.
- Cleans wall edges – Its technology leads Roomba along wall edges.
- Anti-Tangle technology – Anti-tangle technology prevents its getting stuck on fringes or tangled on cords.
- Cliff-detection sensors – The Roomba has cliff-detection sensors to direct it away from stairs and, therefore, prevent it from falling down the stairs.
- Soft padded cushions — Furniture and walls are protected from damage by its padded bumper cushions.
- Light touch bumper technology – This technology detects soft barriers and allows it to clean under couch skirts, bed skirts and curtains.
Watch as a I briefly demonstrate the Roomba 880 and show the three things that make it spectacular, in the video below
Some of my favorite features of the Roomba 880
- The Roomba is portable and easily taken up and down stairs.
- The dust bin is easy to empty.
- It runs relatively quietly.
- It is easy for kids to operate.
- It is rated highly on Amazon.com
Cost and accessories available for the Roomba 880
The iRobot Roomba 880 costs $699.99 and includes: 1 xLife Battery, 2 Virtual Wall Lighthouses with batteries, 1 Remote Control with a battery, 1 extra HEPA filter, 1 Home Base, a 1 year limited warranty from manufacturer and a 6 year battery warranty.
Additional accessories as listed above can be purchased as accessories as well as replacement parts such as pack side brushes, and a tangle-free extractor set. Other accessories available for purchase are a Virtual Halo, Wireless Command Center, and a Compact Virtual Wall.
Would you spend $700 on a robotic vacuum cleaner? There’s no doubt that the Roomba 880 has made my life easier. Speaking as a busy mom and someone who has a hard time lifting heavy things and pushing and pulling a heavy vacuum.. and has a puppy who sheds, I think the Roomba 880 is well worth the cost!